Thursday, 25 April 2013

Skincare




Hello again - two posts in one day, I must be bored of revision! I just wanted to share with you my daily skincare routine. Now I have quite sensitive skin that is prone to spots at the moment (damn them!) and that can dry out quite quickly, so I do have to be careful with what I use on my face. After trying out many products and wasting a lot of money on products I found I couldn't use, I've finally found the perfect products - yaaaaay

When removing my make-up I use Simple 'cleansing facial wipes'. I chose to use these because it says on the back "perfect for even sensitive skin" and Simple products don't contain perfumes like many others do, so I thought 'do you know what, I'll give them a bash'. And guess what, they work beautifully leaving my face feeling fresh without drying my skin and they're not too harsh around the eyes. Next I use a Clearasil 'Perfectawash' facial wash. Now I have found that I can only use the one shown in the picture as the others tend to give me a rash after. I don't know why but they do so I stick to this one which is the 'Superfruit Extracts'. It works nicely on my skin as I find that it does work with clearing my skin up and keeps its moisturised (I also like the hands-free dispenser which I find fascinating - added bonus).

So after washing my face I then go onto the cleansing and toning part of the routine. Again I use Simple products for this as I feel they work best for my sensitive skin. And as they're manufactured for people with sensitive skin, you would hope that they work, and they do. So after all this I then use a Nivea day cream moisturiser for dry & sensitive skin (I think you can get the hint I have sensitive skin after all this!). It may say day cream on the packet but I use it at night so that my face can soften whilst I sleep. I have to be careful when it comes to moisturising as a lot of creams can leave my skin rather oily and shiny and nobody wants a shiny face! With this cream you only need a little bit as a little goes a long way so although a small tube (50ml) it lasts a loooooong time.

Okay, so now you might be wondering why on earth I have a picture of a gigantic tub of Sudocrem. Well, I'd heard that this can help with rashy spots or spots in general so I thought I would try it out. I was a bit skeptical at first as I thought it wasn't going to work and I'd just been tricked by friends into buying it. By the way don't go looking for it in the skincare section of shops, it's down the baby aisle which I obviously didn't know, so I kept travelling from shop to shop wondering why no one had it until I eventually asked someone. And by then I had wasted time and fuel and felt like a wolly - silly me. Anyway, so I tried it and on my first use I looked like a ghost! Only apply a thin layer as it's quite a thick cream and goes a long way. I woke up in the morning and I could actually see a difference. So from then, anytime I have a spots growing on my face I whack a bit of that on and it seems to do the trick. I also use the Which Blemish stick on single spots to save covering my face in more creams, which again I think works else I wouldn't use it.

Phew, so there you go that's my daily skincare routine. Any of you who do suffer from spots I really would recommend trying the Sudocrem out, it's worked for me so could for you! Let me know any skincare/spot care secrets you have, would love to know!



                                                                          ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment