Monday, 3 June 2013

May Favourites






Helloooo

I love reading these kind of posts and seeing what other bloggers have been loving, so here's my own. These are the products I've been using the most the previous month and so obviously love them.

Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula Who doesn't want to have a slight chocolatey smell about them? I first started using this a few years ago whilst on holiday and so associate it to being a holiday only moisturizer so haven't really use it for a while. However I recently started again and I asked myself 'why did I ever stop!?'. I personally find it so soothing and leaves my skin amazingly soft and also has that gorgeous smell. It's definitely something I'm going to continue to use so keep super soft.

Soap & Glory Hand Food Wow I just love this hand cream at the minute. Bought my newest tube the other week and have it used it so much. My hands get dry rather easily, especially after washing up, so I really needed something to add moisture back to them. This just works perfectly, it's a non-greasy cream with the loveliest smell to it. I sometimes just put some on so I can smell it - anyone else?. I also think it's relatively cheap for such a well known high street brand. If you've never used this I would recommend it'The most astonishing hand cream ever?' Well I think it is!

Barry M Nail Effect in 'TNP 3 304' or 'Kingsland Road' I only discovered this one a couple of weeks ago and I've been using it a lot on my nails since. It's a lovely soft pale candy floss pink colour but not so pale you have to put loads of coats on to achieve any colour. I really like the textured effect it has but I know others aren't so keen. All I can describe it as is like rubbing your finger over a soft bit of concrete that's been grounded down slightly - if that makes any sense at all? Basically when you apply, it's smooth with some darker pink bits that when dries, sort of turn into the raised bumps and give the texture. I realise my description probably isn't the best ever but I love it and that's what matters.

Topshop 'Whimsical' Lipstick I like to wear lipsticks but sometimes during the day it's nice to just have a soft colour which adds a small touch of being "dolled up" without going too heavy on the colour. This lipstick is a soft peachy/coral colour which is just right for a natural day look and has good stay power, as long as your lips are exfoliated and moisturised. I also like the name of it as it's rather unusual and I find Topshop lipsticks to be a reasonable price too.

Real techniques Expert face Brush This was a recent buy and I have to say it's the best makeup brush I have. I'm not just saying that, it's genuinely the softest brush I have ever used. I use this to apply my liquid foundation and it's not rough on the skin at all like cheaper brushes can be. For the price (£9.99) I think the quality of the brush is amazing and i'll be buying more brushes from this brand in the near future

Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation I actually bought this awhile back as it was on offer so though I would try it out. I now use it as my daily foundation as I just love it. It says it's a 'light, perfecting, radiance foundation' which I actually think it is. I only need a small amount and it gives really good light coverage so it doesn't actually look like you're wearing makeup. It's perfect for a day you can't be bothered for a full face and just want you face to look smooth and bright. It also has a really nice smell to it rather than some foundation which have a sort of cakey smell to them - I realise i'm loving smells in this post!

Carmex Moisturising lip Balm I always have dry lips if I don't apply any balm to them and I just love this. It leaves a slight tingly feeling when you apply which I really like as it makes my lips feel fresh and of course it leaves my lips luxuriously soft with regular application. It isn't sticky and thick either so you can use it knowing you won't have white sticky lumps form on your lips. It also works well as moisturising base for lipsticks


Random favourite
Kellogg's Crunchy Nut Sooo I am a massive cereal fan and when I say this was my favourite from last month, I really mean it was my favourite. In less than a week I went through SIX pints of milk and a big 750g box plus more! I'm going to turn into a Crunchy Nut soon!




Phew so there we go, my first favourites post. have you used any of the products and like them too? Tell me your favourites too as I love reading them.



5 comments:

  1. I love the colour of that topshop lipstick, it's beautiful! I've just gone through a bottle of that Rimmel foundation, actually. It wasn't my favourite but I'd probably re-buy.

    Maxine, xx
    beautybeatsbooks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely be re-buying the foundation. It's my favourite daily foundation so far!

      xx

      Delete
  2. RT expert face brush is amazing:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must try the Soap and Glory Hand Food, it sounds great! (And I totally agree on the cereal thing- especially as a student!) xx

    ReplyDelete