Wednesday, 12 June 2013

The end of GFC?

Helloooooo


So there seems to be some confusion about just what is going to be discontinuing on July 1st. I'll admit once I heard the rumours the Google Reader was ending and that GFC might do so as well I became a little confused as to what is true and what was rumours. Incase any of you don't know (but i'm sure you all do) GFC is Google Friends Connect which is how we all follow our favourite bloggers (it's the tab in the sidebar with lots of smiley faces in it). There does seem to be some panic about whether this is ending so I just thought i'd share with you this post I found which explains the situation pretty well and allows us all to relax a little. You can read the post HERE

If any of you are a little weary about it all still then why not set up other methods for people to follow your blog? Sites such as Bloglovin' are really good to use as they're so simple and easily allow you to follow and keep up to date with your favourite bloggers. I do have a Bloglovin' account so if you want to follow me using that then pop on over using my link button in the sidebar. For those of you who have one too, i'll be going round and following you on that as well, you know, just incase anything does happen in the near future. I do also have a facebook page for those of you who don't have Bloglovin' which i'll update every time I create a new post from now on just incase as well. Feel free to click the link and pop on over. This post isn't an advertisement for my blog but to let you know about other follow methods just incase anything does happen to GFC in the future (although i'm not sure how they would manage to remove it as i'm sure there would be uproar)


If you want more details on other services which Google are stopping then you can read that HERE. Hopefully they won't remove GFC too and keep allowing us to follow each other



What are your thoughts on this and does anyone know for sure about GFC?
(apologies for the slightly boring post)

8 comments:

  1. Okay, I admit I had the same worries at first, and then I simply put it on hold, thinking GFC can't just dissapear like that, but this is such an useful post and so it the link you gave us!

    Have an amazing week,
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just followed you on GFC and bloglovin'. You have a great blog! (:

    - Sierra xx
    http://stylishlysierra.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I nominated you for the Liebster award, check out my blog if you're interested:')

    http://himynameisfloz.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is horrible :) nice post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was very worried at first like how am i supposed to keep in touch with those blogger right. Anyway let see how it goes in July 1st!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey :) recently came across your blog and love it, I have nominated you for the Liebster award x

    ReplyDelete