Tuesday, 6 August 2013

Get rid of messy nails, quick!


Hellooo

So carrying on from yesterdays post about nail varnishes, I thought i'd share my tip on achieving neat finished nails because if like me you're really bad at painting your nails, especially when using my left hand, then this is just going to be a quick nail saver. It's another product by Barry M (i'm not being paid to big up Barry M, promise) and it's their 'Nail Paint Corrector Pen'. 





I think this was £3.99 and basically it does the job of cotton wool and nail varnish remover but without all the hassle and it's much more precise. When I paint my nails without fail i'll get it all over and probably end up with the same amount down the edges of my nail than on my nail and well, that's not really the desired look. So when I saw this little beauty I just had to have it because trying to remove the excess varnish off with cotton wool can sometimes mean I wipe the varnish off my nail and I have to start all over again (you can really tell i'm a pro at this, not). Because the nib is small and pointed you can really control where it is you're wiping and get such nice neat edges in no time at all. The nibs feel like hard compressed bits of wool, but I could be wrong, that softens a little at the very end when you put it in the applicator end. Overall you get three pieces with nibs on each end, so you actually get 6 applicator ends which is quite good. I've used this about 10 times now and I did find that after about 5 uses I had to switch the  nib round to a clean fresh end as after getting many different colours on it, the colours start to go onto my skin whilst removing the new colour i'd just painted on. A slight negative point to the pen is that it's not melon scented at all, it smells like regular nail varnish remover, but as I say it's only a slight negative as it doesn't affect the quality of it.

This little piece of genius has been an absolute god send when painting my nails and it's definitely something i'll carry on buying as it's so worth the money and saves a lot of hassle. Plus you get to save on cotton pads which is an added bonus I guess!





Don't forget to enter my 100 followers giveaway HERE

13 comments:

  1. Where has this product been all my life! I can finally say goodbye to messy nails!

    xx
    www.bethanymaeetc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that looks like the perfect nail painting solution !

    Madeline | Its a Mads Mads World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it out, it's so good and saves so much cotton wool hassle

      xx

      Delete
  3. Barry M have such brilliant nail products :) love them!
    Now following you on bloglovin.. Your blog is so pretty!

    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you for the follow, i'll check your blog out too.

      xx

      Delete
  4. absolutely loving your blog! just followed you on blogger and bloglovin, keep in touch lovely xx

    http://gypsywardrobe.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why had no one thought of a product like this sooner!
    I have loved flicking through your posts and now follow you :)
    KR x
    kezeeahrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right!? Crazy no one thought of it sooner

      Thank you! I'll check your blog out too
      xx

      Delete
  6. I always finish my nails and make a mess, I think this is perfect for me! :') Great post.

    http://levinia94.blogspot.co.uk/ x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh I never knew BarryM sold anything like this, I've definitely been missing out! I'm awful for getting nail varnish over my fingers! Really love your blog can't believe it's only now I'm finding you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have one like this too from essence and it makes cleaning up messes from painting your nails soo much easier!!

    ReplyDelete