Wednesday, 4 September 2013

Add some "Volume" to your hair with Label M

Hellooo



So i'll start by saying that this won't be a shining review of a miracle worker that adds loads of volume to your hair. I'll get to the point and be quite blunt about it by saying that this product is quite crap with a capital C. I don't like giving bad reviews to things as I want to love everything I try but sadly this time it is what it is and I don't like it (sorry Label M). I bought this when in my hair salon a few weeks back as my hair can be quite flat and with having quite a round face, flat hair against round does not look too good (on me anyway). With having bought it from a professional hair salon i'll be honest and say that I was expecting great things, especially as it's priced at £12.50, but i've been left somewhat a bit disappointed and here's why...

First up it says "pump a small amount into the palms and watch the foam expand!". Well it does quite the opposite. Every time i've used this i've pumped some into my hand and it's just gone flat and watery. With it being a foam I thought it would be quite light and so easily expand as mousses manage it fine and they're a heavier consistency. But no. Within a few seconds it starts going watery and eventually you just have a pool of liquid left in your hand (I've tried to show this in the video and photo below). Also the pump is a bit pathetic, it hardly pumps anything out so by the time you've got the amount you want, the first bit that pumped out has started going a bit flat so you're just constantly pumping away.




I don't know whether i'm being too slow with using the foam which is why it turns to water in my hands or whether it is just because it's crap but i'm going to go ahead and say it's the latter. I still go ahead and apply the now volume water to my roots as best as I can and comb it through like it says to do. You then blow dry your hair and should hopefully have a head of volumised hair. It's not crap in turns of volume, I do get a little bit of volume but not a great deal, so there is some truth in the name, that being the volume part. I thought perhaps I was applying too much but what I squirt onto my hands in the video is what I attempt to use. I'll admit i'm not a massive mousse/foam user on my hair so I could be doing this all wrong in terms of how much i'm trying to use. Please tell me if I am!



Next up is the smell. This has to be the strongest overpowering product smell I have ever come across. I don't mind subtle smells within products but this takes the biscuit. I wish I could send the smell to you all so you know what I mean and know i'm not over exaggerating. I know some people might like strong smells so will disagree with me here but when it's such a strong smell and you're then putting it into your hair which is close to your nose, it just becomes too much for me and actually hurts my nose (no joke). I'm not really sure what the smell is, it reminds me of a mixture between a cleaning product, hairspray and something else I can't quite think of. I'm probably being a little harsh here but I just really don't like the smell of it and well, I have to be honest else there's no point in writing a review on it.

So to sum this product up it's not all crap as it does add a tiny amount of volume which is better than nothing I admit, but I expect more and so don't really rate it highly. It's also not really an expanding foam, more a deflating one that's too happy to turn back into a liquid at the quickest opportunity. I did start thinking that maybe I just bought a dud bottle of it and it is actually super amazing and i've just lucked out, so if anyone has used this in the past please let me know! If it is crap across the board then i'm not sure i'm going to buy any Label M products in the future, i'll stick to what I know works.



What products to you use to add volume, would love to know!



8 comments:

  1. I'm always trying to find products to give my hair volume, but often struggle as too much product just weights my hair down! I've heard good things about Label M, so its a shame it wasn't quite right for you!

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard some good things to which is why I wanted to try it, but yeah, was left disappointed. I'm really hoping I just picked up a crappy bottle of it and that it is actually good as they have some good sounding products

      xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely review I have never heard of this before so thanks for sharing x

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never heard much about it before buying it. Shall have to try out other brands to see if they're better

      xx

      Delete
  3. Aw, I'm sorry you got a crappy product! It's always a hit or miss with hair products. Try the Dove mousse. I've used it before and loooved it!


    Ada | thespianxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for recommending that, shall have to give it a go because I just want something to give me volume, and it will probably be cheaper!

      xx

      Delete
  4. I've used this before when I did some work experience at Toni&Guy as this is the brand they use, and personally I didn't really rate it either!
    Although if you don't mind the feel of product in your hair I recommend the resurrection dust by label m, it doesn't feel great in your hair but it does the job!

    Now following you on bloglovin :)

    www.accordingto-ellie.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah least i'm not the only person to not really like it then! That sounds like it could be a product to try, thanks for sharing! As long as it won't make my hair look greasy then i'm sure it will be fine :)

      xx

      Delete