Thursday, 19 September 2013

Get Rid of Those Spots with Clinique Anti-Blemish

Hellooo


I gets spots and scars from spots, I get blemishes and I hate my natural skin. My skincare used to be quite simple, literally. I used Simple cleanser, toner, face wash and makeup wipes because I liked how it felt on my skin and it didn't irritate it. I then 'upgraded' my skin care to Bioderma but I wasn't overly impressed with one of the products. But now the time has come to upgrade even further as i'm fed up of my horrible skin and I keep getting breakouts (I don't think cuddling my dog all the time helps). Well ENOUGH! Someone with nice skin please trade with me, i'll give you a million (in monopoly money..). Five weeks ago my dad told me to go to the Clinique counter because never having bought anything from the brand I didn't know if they'd have anything that will work on my skin and finally let me feel comfortable with my naked face. They did have something for me and it's the 3 step Anti-blemish Routine which you use every morning and every evening until the spots are less common, then you use just the once during the day. I'll be honest it set me back a few pounds (£51 to be precise) and I crossed my fingers it wasn't going to be a waste of money, but I have to say i'm pretty please with how it's worked.

So first to use is the cleansing foam which removes excess dirt and oil as well as unclogging pores. You have to take your makeup off before using this as this isn't a cleanser to remove makeup so I guess it's kind of step 2 in the skincare routine. I use my Bioderma cleansing solution to wipe away my makeup before using this. This works so well on my skin as normally I find foamy face washes to be quite drying but this leaves my skin feeling so super soft and hydrated that I happily use it twice a day. You pump it a couple of times into your hands and just gently rub all over your face. I like to leave it on for a minute or two before washing it off because I feel like washing something straight off won't give it any time to work it's magic.

For this step all you do is shake the bottle to mix up the two layers of liquid and dab a very small amount onto a cotton pad. A little goes a long way with this so I have a feeling this will last alot longer than the foam wash, as I think i'm nearly out of that so shall have to repurchase in a couple of weeks (I say think because you can't see into the bottle and it's beginning to feel a  little light). You gently wipe the cotton pad over your face and ta-dah that's step 2 finished. So easy. The lotion is for exfoliating your skin gently and to reduce oil amounts even further to reduce shine. This is perfect for me as I get quite oily skin and I have noticed that I no longer have such a shiny face since using this. I'm not so keen on the smell of this as it's smells quite strongly of alcohol but it doesn't feel harsh on my skin at all. After using this my skin feels even fresher than after the first step and again it doesn't dry my skin out which I really thought it would.
And so, for the final step is the All-over clearing Treatment cream which is oil free and helps treat existing blemishes as well as aid in fighting off future breakouts. It's a very thin cream so a little really can go a long way. The amount I have on my finger is just about right if not slightly too much so you do have to be careful when squeezing this out of the tube! The lady at the counter told me that my face would probably dry out and go quite tight, so if it did then to not to use this day and night but so far my skin feels fine with this on top of the previous stages. I don't like the smell of it as it smells old, like something your grandma uses on her face but it's not a strong smell thank god (sorry to any grandmas out there). I did originally think that this would make my skin go a little shiny/oily even though it's oil free because it feels like an oily cream, but my doubts have been blown away and locked securely out of sight. 

The lady gave me a few freebies as Clinique were doing this 'Clinique Bonus' thing (not sure what the rules/expenditure on that was) and it included a little pot of their Moisture Surge and other little things. She told me to use the moisture surge if my skin did start to feel dry, my skin hasn't felt dry but I have used this a few times just to make sure my skin doesn't dry out. 

I really do love using these products and will continue to use them and most likely repurchase because it's helped to clear my skin up so much you wouldn't believe, even to the point my sister has told me my skin looks better, so it must be working! I'm not just saying that because it's expensive and so I want to believe that it's worked because it actually has and i'm a lot more confident about my skin now. I still have spots but I wasn't expecting a complete miracle and the lovely lady at the counter did say it could get worse before it gets better and so to keep using it and see it through. All I can say now is thank you to my dad for making me go to the Clinique counter. Gone are all the old treatments i've tried (and there are many) and this is here to stay!



10 comments:

  1. I've tried the Clarifying Lotion and its amazing. It does work. Does it kind of burn for you? I find it kind of burns just a little when I first put it on spots but its not a long lasting burn. I have a small sample of the 3 step Anti-Blemish routine but I only use that. I think I will try and use all three now and see how that works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm now I come to think of it it does a little, I just take it as a sign of my face feeling fresh though! You should try all three, it's done wonders for my skin

      xx

      Delete
  2. I've been looking for something like this, will have to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You so should! Will set you back a few pounds but for me it's been worth it :)

      xx

      Delete
  3. wow-- love your photos and blog! now following :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love their products, haven't tried this line though. thank you for the review/recommendation.

    x
    1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clinique are probably my favourite brand for when it comes to skin care. I've never had anything negative to say about them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These sound great and Clinique is always so gentle- love it! I really like your blog- care to follow each other?
    xoxo
    Kate

    kateberlinsays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never tried Clinique before because it was a bit pricey, but after your review, it sounds like a really good product for treating spots! I love your blog and your pictures~ Following you ♥

    xx
    www.beautifyinglifee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete