Monday, 16 September 2013

Make your eyeshadow last with Too Faced


Hellooo





I never really used to be much of an eyeshadow wearer, part of the reason was because it would always crease and wear off so I just didn't bother. The other month whilst in Boots I ventured over to the more expensive side, away from the drugstore and into the higher end products. This was when I found this little shadow saver from Too Faced priced at £17. I'm going to admit, I find the packaging design quite cute so that did play a part in my purchase but in my defence, this has turned out to be a good buy. I was a bit unsure as to whether to part with so much money for such a little tube as I didn't even know how good it would be. I know it's not a new product to the market as it's been out ages, years even, but for me this has become a new discovery which I always make sure I use when wearing eyeshadow.

Before applying my eyeshadow, I just squeeze a little bit of this onto my finger and rub into both of my eyelids and leave it a minute or two whilst I finish the rest of my face makeup before starting on my eyes. It makes my eyelids feel almost a little velvety which is a nice feeling, and I don't know why but it just makes me feel like it will make my eyeshadow last longer. It also makes my eyelids feel moisturised for the day, which just adds to the niceness of using this product (I know people don't tend to get dry eyelids but hey, thought i'd add that one in there).The liquid is a beige colour but this doesn't affect the colour transfer of your eyeshadow at all, which is good because I tend to use light toned colours as I go for the more natural eye makeup look.

I work in a restaurant which does often mean I get a little hot with all the speed walking around ,so I was amazed that when finishing my shift the first time I wore this my eye shadow was still all in place and not a crease in sight! I kid you not. Normally my eyelids can get quite oily and the rest of my face goes quite shiny when I get all hot after all the rushing around, but the one thing that still looked perfect was my eye shadow. So since then I always use this little trusty tube and I know that my eyes will still look great until I take it all off.

My only slight criticism is that if I don't use this within a few days it can come out quite watery at first so I have to do a few small squeezes before it comes out how it should. But other than that I have no problem with it and when I run out, providing I have the money to spend, then I will repurchase it. My doubts at spending so much on it have been thrown out because I truly think this is worth every penny. I was going to include some photo's of my eyes one with this on and one without so I could show you the comparison. But you know those days where you just can't get a decent photo? Yeah well, I had one of those except it wasn't just one day, it was multiple days. So sorry there are no actual eye photos, but take my word for it, it's a great product!


What eyeshadow primers do you use?

7 comments:

  1. I love primers but don't have an eye one, this one looks good! I usually just use a face primer and apply some over my eyelids x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a really good idea, ha i've never thought of doing that really. But then my primer is the stick one from Benefit so would be a bit awkward

      xx

      Delete
  2. Good to know, if I decide to get an eye primer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use MAC primer and it works wonderfully! I do love Too Faced though, it is definitely one of my favorite brands. I might have to take a look at this product!
    xo Mia

    www.cestunejolievie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've NEVER tried any Mac products! (beauty sin right there)

      xx

      Delete
  4. This was really helpful!! May just have to go out and purchase this now ;) Love your blog too btw <3 Also just to let you know we're holding a YSL Lipstick giveaway...feel free to check it out :) xx

    www.junkjournal100.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete