Tuesday, 31 December 2013

Beauty Favourites of 2013


Hellooo
HAPPY NEW YEAR (almost)



 Before 2013 goes out with a bang I wanted to quickly share with you my beauty favourites from this year. I hadn't planned on doing this post as I thought that most of what I loved was still at my house in Nottingham, but it turns out I bought quite a few of my favourites home with me. So here's some of my favourites.




HD Brows 'Blusher 2'
I actually got this in a Glossybox and it soon became my go to blusher for wintertime. It's a darker peachy shade to what I would use for summer months so gives a great autumnal/winter flushed cheek look. It is a shimmery blusher so when your face is feeling a little pale an dull it's a great blush to just quickly add some shimmer onto your face.

GOSH Brow Kit '001'
This little brow beauty has pretty much the three colours you need in life to filling in your eyebrows (well I think so anyway). It has a dark beige kind of colour, a  light brown and what to me looks like a dark grey (please excuse my colour descriptions, they don't actually have any names for them). The colours may not sound fantastic but they are actually really good and the dark beige colour matches my eyebrow colour pretty well. They are powder which you use the brush end of the applicator to fill in your eyebrows and then if you want to, use the sponge end to coat your brows in wax. It gives  a subtle fill in for a more natural brow look. Obviously with dark blondish hair I haven't tried out the almost black shade but for the colour I do use i'm impressed. I don't want to cause offence with this next bit, but you know when you see a girl and it's just so obvious she's drawn/coloured/filled her eyebrows because the colour does not in anyway match. Well with this you don't have that issue, okay well I don't. Which is why it's my favourite eyebrow kit and it's cheap. 

Sleek Eye Pallette 'Naturel 601'
It's cheap and has a range of neutral lights and dark, some matte and some shimmer. So what's not to love. My most used shades are 'Nougat' and 'Taupe' as I wear these for my everyday look. Pigmentation in all of them is fantastic and they're so easily applied and blendable. Admittedly on a few of the lighter shades you do really have to build up the colour to really see it but once you have the right amount they all look lush. This has easily been my most used eye pallette this year.

Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer '010 Ivory'
I use this as more of a highlighting concealer under my eyes as it has great durability and coverage. It almost has an ever so slight shimmer to it which is why it's probably so great as a highlighter as it just adds a bit of brightness to your face, making your eyes stand out  a little more. As well as under my eyes I tend to use this for more lighter blemishes on my face.

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer 'Fair 1'
This is a beauty blogger/fanatic favourite. For the very cheap price is doesn't half give some good coverage which is so light and buildable. I use this for my darker blemishes and spots and I hardly ever have to touch it up throughout the day. I've sometimes just worn this on my face without any foundation it does that good of a job. It blends easily into the skin so your face still looks like skin and not too matte or thick. If you haven't tried it then you need to put it on your shopping list!

Too Faced Shadow Insurance
I did a review of this earlier on in the year (read here) and I still love it. I use it every time I wear eyeshadow and it's not failed me yet. My eyeshadow stays in place, no fading, no creasing, no reapplying. Fantastic. It is more on the expensive side of beauty products but worth the money. Maybe this year i'll try and find a cheaper dupe, any suggestions? But I think this will always be the winner.

Benefits 'They're real' Mascara
I only started to use this this year and when I want a more Wow lash effect then this is what I use. I swap between this mascara and another one for my everyday look depending on what i'm doing. It's certainly not a natural lash look effect but more of a volumising and lengthening effect. My lashes look endless (okay maybe not endless but you get the idea) when I wear this and it stays all day so you always have that big wow lash look.

L'oreal Superliner Blackbuster
This is the best pen eyeliner i've used this year. It has a pointed nib to allow for easy application and it has long durability. It can sometimes become faded but not so much that you can no longer see it. It's so quick and easy to use so I do use it more if i'm in a hurry.

B. Gel Eyeliner
I purchased this towards the end of the year and it's become my everyday eyeliner to go to now. Unless i'm in a rush in which case i'll use the L'oreal pen. It comes with a little applicator brush and it's so easy to apply and build up for a more dramatic look. Once applied it pretty much stays there for the whole day and i've never had to touch it up. It doesn't crack, fade or peel as I know some gel eyeliners do and a little goes a long way with this.

Clinique Moisture Surge
This moisturiser is by the far the best i've ever used. Yup, ever! It is a little more pricey but you literally need just a dab on the finger with this and it sinks into your skin so nicely. It's so light that your face doesn't feel heavy after applying and it doesn't leave it feeling greasy or shiny. After using this this day and night my skin feels so soft that I do sometimes just stroke my cheeks (weirdo).

Revlon Nearly Naked '130 Shell'
I really don't want to say too much about this as I want to do a review on it in the next few weeks so i'll keep this one short and sweet. Wow, natural blemish free skin look and so blendable.

Yves Rocher Cocoa & Orange Hand Cream
Like Terry's chocolate orange? Then you'll love this. I got this in a Glossybox and it's replaced my much loved Soap & Glory hand cream (must be good). As well as the amazing irresistible smell it moisturises my hands soooo well and doesn't leave my hands feeling slimy and greasy afterwards. I can actually pick up my phone and not worry it's going to slip out of my hands. 

V05 Plump it Up Amplifying Blow Dry Lotion
When my hairs lacking a bit of umph and needs a lift then this is what I use. It's cheap and works wonders. I help it out by blow drying my hair upside down but when i've used this I can definitely tell a difference and my hair has volume all day. And because it's a spray it's light on your hair and easier to apply than a mouse. Oh and it's smells quite nice too.

Topshop Nails 'One Hot Minute'
The perfect red colour for wintertime so it was on my nails pretty much all the time. When used with a base and topcoat it has good stay power and doesn't chip easily so I didn't have to worry about having shabby nails. It applies really easily and only needs one coat to have it's bright colour.

Rimmel Clear Complexion 'Transparent'
My all time favourite powder, even beats Rimmels Stay Matte. I think it's the perfect finishing powder and keeps my face looking grease/shine free. I've been using it since the start of the year and it's been a repurchase item. It's not heavy on your skin and because it's transparent it doesn't add too much extra colour on top of your foundation. (I may need to buy a new one as I kinda dropped and broke this one)

V05 Give Me Texture Dry Spray
This is unlike all the other texturising sprays I use as it's more of a dry shampoo feel. It's not a liquid you spray so it doesn't leave any slight damp patches if you spray too much. Nor does it leave it looking grey anywhere like I originally thought it would. It's not heavy in your hair so doesn't weigh it down and gives good volume to your ends as will as give a good messy look. I find it works best when I have my hair up as it's much easier to scrunch your hair up and keep it looking full with life. The only down side is that it finishes quite quickly so I have to repurchase more than my other sprays.

Burts Bee's Mango Lip Balm
The best lip balm i've used. It leaves my lips lovely and soft and is the perfect base for when I wear lipstick


So there we are, some of my favourite beauty items of this year. I hope next year is full of new product finds so I'll have even more favourites by the end of next year!

6 comments:

  1. Great favorites! Clinique's Moisture Surge sounds AMAZING!

    Kristen @ Your Beauty Fix

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I love the look of the GOSH brow kit! I've not tried very much from them before although I really would love to! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got that hand cream in my glossy box too! It's brilliant. :) xx

    -Tilly
    beautyintheboudoir.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post :)
    I love the hand cream, the mascara and the lasting perfection concealer!
    x

    http://dandelionsdaydreams.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that Sleek palette, although I am no where near hitting pan!
    Great favourites- the VO5 texturing dry spray looks like an interesting product :)

    ♥ M&L
    Enter our Bloggiversary Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete