Tuesday, 28 January 2014

Take the day off with Clinique

Hellooo

Clinique 'Take the day off' Cleanser £21 

For christmas I asked for this cleanser and was so pleased to unwrap it as I was eager to try it out. It's not like any other cleanser i've used as it's a solid white balm in the tub which is almost velvety to touch, but once you apply it to your face it turns into an oil, breaking through your makeup so you can easily wipe it off with a cloth/flannel.

At first I did question whether this would be a product for me as I can get oily skin so I avoid using oily products, but after reading some fantastic reviews I just had to try it out. It hasn't made my skin oily in any way (other than when i'm using it of course) and my skin feels amazingly soft after. You only need the tiniest amount as when it turns into an oil it spreads with such ease over your face and you just gently rub it into your skin. Usually with cream or water based cleansers I have to rub just that bit harder to get rid of all my makeup so I can get the cleanser into my skin, but with this I only have to gently rub. If I have stubborn waterproof eye makeup on then I will go over my eyes again just to ensure I have 100% removed it. With previous cleansers i've thought I had removed all my eye makeup but when i'll get out the shower or wake up in the morning I would always have the panda eye effect, but hand on heart, this removes it completely and i've never suffered from panda eyes since (no more scaring my housemates in the morning - yay). I also think this has helped with my skin as well, as although I didn't have many spots before using this (thanks to Clinique's anti-blemish steps), my skin is practically perfect now except for a few blemish scars. And as you only have to use a tiny amount this is going to last me a loooooong time.

For those of you who have never used a product like this where you apply the product and take it off with a cloth (rather than squeezing some product and using cotton pads) I have done a few photos to take you through the steps.

Before - Face full of makeup
Step 1 - Rub gently all over your face, including over your eyes
(Your fingers will get oily)
Step 2 - Look a bit scary with your makeup smudged over your face (this isn't the worst i've looked)
Step 3 - Gently wipe off with a wet cloth/flannel (using warm water)
Step 4 - Time to rinse out the cloth as it will be grubby

I won't frighten you with an after picture once I removed it. I do want you to still have vision haha. If you have the pennies and you're looking for a new cleanser then go purchase this and give it a whirl!






2 comments:

  1. Great post review. I've wanted to try this for what seems like forever, I might have to just go for it I only hear good things :D x

    http://subjectbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your blog so I have nominated you for the Liebster Award! :b
    http://mabsoph.blogspot.pt/2014/02/liebster-award.html

    Can't wait to see your answers xx

    ReplyDelete